Self-catering Holiday Cottage in Bridport, Dorset
The Lodge at The Gables is the former Gardener’s home within the grounds of one of Bridport’s most historic houses. Situated just half a mile from the town centre yet offering a quiet and secluded holiday location, our cosy Hansel & Gretel cottage has been modernised and updated. Simply and comfortably furnished with all that you need for a relaxing break.
Bedroom 1 has a double bed.
Bedroom 2 has bunk beds.
Bedding, bed linen and bathroom towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
Newly renovated with electric Mira shower over the bath, WC and washbasin
Open plan living room with kitchen & dining area
French doors open into the sunny secluded garden.
Comfortable sofa and chairs, flat screen TV & dvd player.
Dining table and 4 chairs.
A well equipped kitchen area with electric cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine, toaster, kettle, cafetiere. Pots, pans, cutlery, crockery and dishtowels provided. Iron & ironing board.
Heating is provided via an air force system and can either be warm air for the colder months or air conditioning for when it’s hot.
French doors open into the sunny secluded garden, reserved for Lodge guests.
Bench & table immediately outside the French windows, lawns and flower beds and a further seating area with BBQ.
Off road parking for one car is available outside the front of the Lodge.
Check-in & check-out
Our weekly rental periods are from Friday to Friday. Weekend and mid-week breaks are available in low and mid season.
Check in to the cottage is between 4 – 6 pm unless by prior arrangement. Check-out is by 10.30 am
Prices & Booking
To reserve the Lodge we require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the rental fee, with the balance due 6 weeks before arrival.
For details of our Cancellation Policy please see our Terms & Conditions
The front door (87 cm wide) has level access and all the rooms are on the ground floor. However, access to the patio and garden is up a few steps. The shower is over the bath.
- Coast/Beach – Harbour, beaches and coastal paths are within 2 miles of the property.
- Golf – Golf course less than 2 miles away.
- How to get here – Bournemouth and Exeter airports both within one hour’s drive. Nearest railway stations are Dorchester South, Axminster or Crewkerne.
- Distances – Bridport 1/4 mile, Dorchester 16 miles, Exeter 38 miles.
- Shops – Waitrose is less than 1/4 mile. Other supermarkets within 1 mile. Town centre with independent bakers, butchers, greengrocers, local producers in town & restaurants, pubs, banks all within 10 minutes walk.